LB stands for Lysogeny Broth, a nutritionally rich medium, which is one of the most common media used in the laboratories worldwide(Wikipedia).
LB medium is recommended safe for student use, whereas Tryptic Soy Agar medium is NOT suitable for student use due to its selectivity.
1) Pre-poured sterile LB-agar plates (100 x 15 mm Petri Dish), x 10
2) 6-inch sterile cotton swabs (2 per pouch) x 10
LB agar plates should be placed in a refrigerator upon arrival. LB-agar plates stored under such conditions have a minimum shelf life of 30 days.
1) Take out one sterile cotton swab. Gently wipe a test area with the cotton swab to pick up bacteria. Here are some of the popular samples of the test objects: human or pet teeth, hands, phone, TV remote, restaurant menu, sink, floor, fruit, vegetable etc.
2) Take out one of the agar plates (No warm-up is needed). Open the agar plate and gently streak the agar plate with the cotton swab to transfer the bacteria onto the surface of the agar plate.
3) Cover the agar plate and place it in an upside-down position in an incubator with a temperature between 85 and 100 oF. A desk lamp or a portable heater can be used as a heat source.
4) Watch appearance of small bacterial colonies on the surface of the agar plates after 12-48 hr of incubation.
LIVE TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
EZ Prepoured LB agar plates are backed by our 100% money back guarantee. If more technical assistance is needed, we not only provide you with an email address, but also a telephone number to talk to our friendly laboratory tech support.
- Sales Rank: #8172 in Toys & Games
- Brand: EZ BioResearch LLC
- Model: PD-100-LB
- Dimensions: 4.00" h x 4.00" w x 4.00" l,
- READY TO USE: 10 Prepoured sterile LB-agar plates and 10 sterile 6-inch long swabs (in 5 pouches). No messy microwave or heating is needed. Great for school science fair projects.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN/STUDENTS TO USE : LB agar plates are scientifically formulated and the most commonly used agar plates worldwide. LB agar plates are safe for children/students to use. Some nutrient media such as Tryptic Soy Agar medium may produce harmful pathogens and are not safe for children/students to use.
- EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTION WITH DETAILED INFORMATION: Step by step instruction is provided to ensure successful completion of science projects. Tips and advices are provided to avoid common mistakes.
- FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT WITH TOLL FREE NUMBER: Any question? No worry. Find live support with PhD scientists with extensive hands-on experience. 100% Money back guarantee.
- FAST 2 DAY SHIPPING VIA AMAZON PRIME WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE. OVERNIGHT SHIPPING OPTION IS ALSO AVAILABLE. Always in stock and ready to ship.
Related Search :